We love Autumn. We love the fresh mornings, we love the crimson leaves and we even love the weird, silent ‘n’ at the end of the word. We love that ‘n’ so much that we even considered changing our name to ‘The Bowgien Innn’ but then we decided that would be silly.
People think Cornwall is all about summer. How wrong they are. Cornwall is all about September to November and our list of ‘Top Ten Things to Do at The Bowgie This Autumn’ proves it.
So if you too want to roll around in piles of crispy leaves; If you are full of desire to walk on grass that’s dazzling with beads of morning dew and if you long to sit all snug in the warm watching the darker nights draw in across the Atlantic ocean read on for our list of other autumn things that you are going to love.
1. Visit the Caves at Pipers Hole on the west side of Crantock Beach and discover the century-old carvings. They are beautifully tucked away and can only be found at low tide. A local man carved them in the early 1900’s and they are a hidden gem you will enjoy discovering. We’ve included the carvings on one of our suggested walks; Map 1 – Pentire Point West. Download the map here https://bowgie.com/out-about
2. Watch ALL INTERNATIONAL RUGBY GAMES on our Big Screens!!!!!! Need we say more? Pint in hand. In the company of friends. Perfect. In our opinion it’s better than being there. https://bowgie.com/sports
3. Indulge in a Specialty Tea from Tea Pigs. Autumn should also known as tea season. As soon as the cold winds begin to nip at the end of your nose, some inner beast is awakened and can only be subdued with a cuppa. We aren’t just talking plain old builders tea. We’re talking peppermint, superfruit or lemongrass to name a few. With 15 Teapig varieties to choose from at The Bowgie Inn, we’ve got what you need to satisfy your inner tea monster time and time again.
4. Wade through the golden leaves in Penpol Woods and walk along the Gannel Estuary with this short walk perfect for all the family. It’s a great way to work up an appetite for a famous Bowgie Lunch.
5. Indulge in a few of autumn’s finest pleasures; our Black Forest Gateaux with a mug of our delicious Hot Chocolate all for just £3.30, best enjoyed whilst watch the wild Atlantic.
6. Get yourself on the Bowgie Wall of Fame. Send us a selfie of you in your wellies and waterproofs out and about around Crantock and we’ll make sure you appear on our big screens in all your waterproofed glory.
7. Enjoy our Selection of Homemade Curries served with Basmati rice. Why not order poppadums and Naan Bread too!!! Mmmmmmmm!!!!!
8.At The Bowgie, we like to have fun so go crazy with our Quiz Machine, Table Football, pool table and Giant Jenga… you can even buy a pack of playing cards at the bar!! Then grab a table to spend some quality time having a laugh with the people who make your life worth living.
9. Get organised, plan something to look forward to and book your tickets for our James Bond Theme Night before they all sell out. It’s on Saturday 12th December and all ticket sales go to Cornwall Hospice Care. It’s great way to support a local charity and perfect for your office party or a family get together. Dress up, eat, dance, play our fun casino and make some memories all for £20!
10. It’s cold outside. It’s probably wet so you need to eat well. Check out our Specials Boards for hearty dishes like Liver & Bacon Casserole and Beef Stroganoff all served with seasonal veg and tasty chips which is just what you need to recharge and relax this autumn.
So there you have it! Wishing you all a great Autumn from everyone here at The Bowgie! We look forward to seeing you soon.