When painting the outside of our beautiful pub, we had the choice of a whole spectrum of colours.
Yes we could have gone with white, grey, beige or ‘greige’ and it would have looked very nice. However, it wouldn’t have made a statement.
We wanted a colour full of personality…
A colour that demands attention…
A colour that likes a laugh…
A colour that doesn’t take itself too seriously…
A colour that makes people happy.
We did consider glitter but then we thought we’d have to be careful if we were the sparkly pub on the headland; we didn’t want to be confused for a lighthouse or anything like that. So pink was the clear choice. It ticked all our boxes and looks lovely, even if we do say so ourself. Plus there are lots of nice pink things in the world so we’ve joined a really lovely bunch of pink stuff.
Here’s a list of a few of the best pink things we can think of:
1. Strawberries and ice cream.
2. Rose wine (and pink champagne!!)
3. Flamingos. The coolest birds ever.
4. Sweeties (pink sweets are always the tastiest – it makes us wonder why they even bother making green and yellow sweets)
5. Tree blossom
6. Mr Blobby
7. Scrummy Cocktails… like this one!
8. Stunning Cornish Sunsets
9. The little pink flowers that make our coastal paths even more beautiful.
10. Us of course! It wouldn’t have been right if we didn’t make our own list of the top ten pink things!
So if we have convinced you to become a certified lover of pink, join us at the pink pub on the headland and drink a drink to Lily the Pink…she was the savour of the human race after all.