With the holidays not far away and everyone needing some festive spirit in their lives, we have some ideas on how to fill your Christmas season with wonderful moments. Here’s a list of 10 things you are sure to enjoy. This year more than ever, we’re looking for festive fun so pour yourself a mulled wine and have fun working your way through our list!
1. Get out of the cold and relax with a mulled cider while admiring the view over Crantock beach. Front row seats to the waves – you’ll struggle to find a better location than The Bowgie Inn.
2. If you’re looking for a hug in a mug, order The Bowgie’s famous Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and your choice of sprinkles. Guaranteed to warm your cockles after a walk on the beach, it’s the ultimate cosy cup of joy! We EVEN have a festive Rum Hot Chocolate!
3. Visit our Facebook or Instagram pages to share your Crantock photos for our #LetsSeaYourSnaps monthly competition. You could win a £50 Bowgie Voucher!
4. Enjoy our brand-new refurbishment which includes a 360-degree bar, new seating and extra space, perfect for social distancing. Wherever you’re sat, you’ll be able to enjoy our incredible views.
5. ENJOY THE VIEW! Overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall, take a walk around Crantock’s coastline before warming up inside. Don’t forget to view our live surf-cam to check conditions and tides on our website.
6. Spend Boxing Day enjoying a blustery jaunt along the South West Coast Path – and if you’re really brave, dip your toes in the sea on Crantock beach!
7. Experience one of our famous festive Sunday Roasts with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and all the trimmings! Call it a pre-Christmas warm-up before the big day on the 25th!
8. Feast! Make it your mission to try the WHOLE selection of Cornish food and drink available, which includes Curio, Tarquin’s, Wrecking Coast Distillery Clotted Cream Gin, Aval Dor Vodka, Cornish Lust Liqueur, Camel Valley and Atlantic Brewery.
9. Don’t even think about cooking ANOTHER roast lunch on New Year’s Day and visit The Bowgie instead – we’ll be serving food from 12pm throughout the festive holidays! No wash-ing up required.
10. Have a happy, healthy and safe festive season, with love from The Bowgie.
The Bowgie Inn has been awarded the Visit England ‘Good to Go’ COVID certification, having implemented all relevant government guidelines to ensure our coronavirus risk assessment is constantly up to date.
We can’t wait to see you!