Easter is coming!!
The best thing about Easter is all the chocolate…the worst thing is finding ways to eat it. Thankfully, we are at hand to point you in the right direction and we have helpfully compiled a list of ways you can eat more chocolate. Enjoy!
1. Firstly and most importantly, you need to hide your stash. Friends and family are the worst for reducing the amount of chocolate we eat. They expect us to give in to the rules of politeness and offer them a chunk. Well no more. The only way around this without coming across as the rudest and greediest human to walk the planet, is to conceal your chocolate from them.
2. Always keep a secret stash to hand. In your pocket, up your sleeve, under your hat etc…you never know when you will get the opportunity to munch on a piece when no one is looking.
3. Add it to your cooking. Yes we know you have to eat some sort of greenery but that should never impede on the important task of chocolate consumption. Here’s a great way to get an extra few chunks into your diet.
4. Make your cutlery chocolatey. Invest in these moulds. Melt down one of your easter eggs, pour into said mould and voila. You might get a few funny looks from around the table as you start biting bits off your knife after your main course but just say it’s a Cornish thing and blabber on about something to do with stainless steel being good for your digestion and no one will suspect a thing.
5. Throw away all your bowls and use half an Easter egg as a replacement receptacle. Fill with food of your choice and don’t stop eating until the bowl and its contents has all gone.
6. Make a chocolate face mask. If you are at the stage when you physically can’t swallow another mouthful of chocolate, we suggest you absorb its nutrients another way; by applying it to your skin! Click the link for instructions on how to make your own chocolate face mask.
7. Remove all your lipsticks from their containers and replace with pieces of chocolate. This way, you can surreptitiously rub chocolate all over your lips or even just take a bite – even the most observant bystander would think you were merely applying lipstick in this season’s must have hue. Genius.
8. Treat yourself to a pair of chocolate dentures, pop them in your mouth and enjoy chocolatey goodness all day without anyone knowing a thing…we suggest you start with the molars and leave the front teeth and gums until last.
image source: http://chocolatefantasies.com/bodyparts.htm#.Vsy_XhErEaI
9. Chocolate Beauty! We’ve noticed the latest manicure trends of glitter, beads and textured finishes so when we saw this idea, we thought it was the perfect way to hide chocolate in plain sight! You would need something edible to stick the bits of chocolate or chocolate sprinkles to your nails – we’re thinking maple syrup or icing sugar – or any food stuff you can think of that congeals and dries hard. Coat the ends of your fingers with it (or your whole hand if you fancy – we won’t judge) and then sprinkle away. This is the only time that biting one’s nails could be considered a good thing.
image source: http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2010/06/candy-coated-nails/
10. We not only like chocolate eggs, we also like the fancy little chocolates that you find inside them! They are so beautiful, some are works of art in their own right so it seems a shame to gobble them down before their beauty has been truly appreciated. So, thankfully we have a solution. Thread them on a piece of elastic and wear them aroundyour wrist and have a nibble whenever the mood takes you. It might be the perfect accessory to complete your look, in which case you could invest in a non edible version like this one…
Now if you follow all the points above, you will not only eat more chocolate, you will also run out of the stuff VERY quickly. That can lead to some serious withdrawal symptoms but don’t worry! The Bowgie Inn’s chocolate fudge cake is always available and we guarantee it will hit the spot!!