A message on Coronavirus from The Bowgie Inn
COVID-19 is creating uncertainty for many of us in our daily lives, around the world. We’d like to reassure you that here at The Bowgie, it’s “open for business” as normal. We continue to monitor and follow Public Health England guidance. Your health, safety and wellbeing will always be our number one priority.
We understand that these are extraordinary circumstances and it’s a very unsettling time, but we we’re open and ready to welcome you to The Bowgie unless the situation changes.
Here’s what we are doing to make sure we can continue to offer a safe and clean environment:
– Our already robust cleaning practices at The Bowgie have been intensified – with our hygiene team requested to continually sanitise their hands, and to maintain distance from customers and the rest of our team as is possible.
– Our hygiene practices extend to our industrial cleaning facilities for all kitchenware, crockery and glasses, using very high temperatures to minimise risks. Deep cleaning of all areas of our pub occurs multiple times a day, especially in key contact point areas.
– All kitchen staff continue to maintain exceptionally high standards of safety and hygiene, at all times.
– We are encouraging customers to use contactless payments wherever possible to minimise hand contact; transfer of money and receipts.
– Hand sanitisers have been placed around the pub, at various points around the bar and in staff areas.
– Rigorous daily checks are being carried out around the pub, and on the health of our team. We will follow NHS advice when required and any of our team who show even mild signs of flu-like symptoms will be advised to follow advice surrounding medical care and self-isolation. We are ensuring that team members will be fully supported during this time.
We ask that all our customers act responsibly – if anyone in the 7 days before their visit displays flu-like symptoms, we politely ask that they self-isolate and stay at home. Additionally, we ask visitors to sanitise their hands and be pro-active with their own hygiene during their time with us.
As we all have seen, the Coronavirus situation is highly dynamic and we will provide updates as required. What we can be certain of is that our stunning, wide-open setting on West Pentire headland is a calm retreat during these challenging times.
Above all – we are 100% committed to keeping you safe and will continue to welcome you to The Bowgie. We will take whatever actions are required to protect the health of our customers and our team.
We are very lucky to be perched by the sea overlooking Crantock beach, and are privileged to serve you in one of Cornwall’s most stunning locations.
Team Bowgie x