With the holidays not far away, The Bowgie Inn, Crantock, know you’re already thinking about Christmas plans and how to fill your days off work with wonderful things. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 10 things you are sure to enjoy this Christmas. Tis the season for festive fun so pour yourself a mulled wine and enjoy working your way through our list!
1. Get out of the cold and relax with a mulled Rattler in our incredible bar while admiring the view over Crantock beach!
2. Sample The Bowgie’s incredible Cornish Gin selection! From Tarquins to Wrecking Coast, Trevethan to Caspyn, you’ll find yourself spoilt for choice and wowed by how many there are to choose from!
3. Visit our Facebook page to share your Christmas-themed Crantock photos for their #LetsSeaYourSnaps monthly competition. You could win a £50 Food and Drink Voucher!
4. Try our incredible Luxury Hot Chocolates! Whether you need warming up after a blustery walk or an exhilarating surf, or just fancy snuggling up with something sweet, warm and delicious – our Hot Chocolates are always a winner. Arriving in a BIG mug, steaming hot, and if you like, stacked with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and lots of extra goodies.
5. Admire the view! Overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall, take a walk around Crantock’s stunning coast path. Don’t forget to view the live surf-cam to check conditions and tides!
6. Enjoy special family time over Bowgie Brunch! Serving up the full English – fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, bacon, black pudding, hog’s pudding (for the proper Cornish among you!), potato wedges, beans and toast – you definitely won’t be going hungry. Served up with your choice of beverage – whether a brew, beer, bubbly or something completely different, it’s the cure to hangovers, the ultimate refuel before your next adventure, and the perfect meal to share with family and friends.
7. Try and find the Crantock Cave Carvings! To the side of the beach we call home are a set of caves that hold a very special secret… The remnants of a classically tragic love story -a poem carved into the rocks themselves. The story goes that a beautiful young woman and her horse were cruelly lost to the sea, causing her lover to roam the shores in desperate hope of her return. Only revealed at low tide, these century old carvings immortalise his heartbreak, serving as a reminder of the amazing stories constantly happening around Cornwall.
8. Make it your mission to try the WHOLE selection of Cornish food and drink available, which includes Rodda’s Clotted Cream, Aval Dor Vodka, Cornish Lust Liqueur, Camel Valley and Atlantic Brewery.
9. Don’t even think about cooking ANOTHER roast lunch and visit us Sunday Roast instead – we’ll be serving food from 11am throughout the festive holidays!
10. Have a happy, healthy and safe festive season, with love from The Bowgie!